Monday, December 15, 2014

Waltzingmouse Stamps December Pajama Party


I'm joining in on this month's Waltzingmouse Stamps Pajama Party.  I had high hopes for completing a few projects for the PJ party, but in the end, managed to put together just this one using the Bedtime Story sketch.

Christmas Greetings card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps
I stuck with Claire's suggestion of using the sketch's triangle element as a tree.  Mine is fashioned from layered scallop edged olive cardstock pieces, inked with distress ink to add depth to the color.  I added a tiny trunk made from a scrap of brown cardstock, then topped the tree with a die cut gold star.  I resisted the urge to add some red sequins or dot the tree with glitter glue or a Pico embellisher to make ornaments, but I may end up going back and doing just that . . .

I adhered the tree to a kraft panel stamped with the largest stamp from WMS's Woodgrain set and topped with a patterned fishtail flag strip and a contrasting solid red cardstock strip.  The "Christmas greetings" sentiment from the Teeny Trees set was stamped in brown pigment ink in the bottom right corner of the red panel.  I layered the finished panel on top of an olive card base, matching my festive tree.

Materials Used:
Teeny Trees and Woodgrain stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Crushed Olive distress ink (Ranger); Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, scalloped edge punch (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); gold paper (Target); Season's Greetings 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); stitched star die (Lil' Inker Designs); Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Love your green scalloped tree against the woodgrain Lori - thanks for joining us at the WMS PJ party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love your little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the layered Christmas tree. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips