Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Dig You

Now that I'm back in the classroom, I couldn't resist adding the new Classroom Cupids set from the latest release at Sugar Pea Designs to my collection.  I used the set along with the layout from the current Sugar Pea Designs Sugar Sketch Challenge to put together this sweet Valentine together.

I Dig You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Sugar Pea Designs
I used the sketch's long, narrow panel to make a beach scene from light blue cardstock and a strip of kraft cardstock with a torn edge.  To add a sandy look to the kraft strip, I rubbed kraft and white pigment inks on the strip before adhering it to the blue panel.  I stamped the set's shovel image in red pigment ink and cut it out, then used foam tape to set it on the beach scene.  The set's "I dig you" sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the panel in brown pigment ink.

After matting the panel on red cardstock, I adhered it to a houndstooth patterned paper panel.  I tucked a kraft half circle under the top of the scene and topped it with a small die cut heart.  A tiny red baker's twine bow was set on the heart for a whimsical touch.  The finished panel was adhered to a red card base.

Materials Used:
Classroom Cupids stamp set (Sugar Pea Designs); Memento Luxe Love Letter, Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch, and Wedding Dress inks (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Soft Sky and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); stitched heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); red baker's twine; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you incorporated these stamps into the January Sketch Challenge, Lori. What a fun, cute, CAS card. Cathy SPD DT

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips