Monday, January 19, 2015

The Challenge 23-Thank You Friend


The Challenge is back with a new sketch and color combination!  You can choose to use either just the colors, just the sketch, or to combine them both.  I combined the colors and the sketch, flipped on its side, for this simple, bold design.

Thank You Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I started off with a piece of yellow and white patterned paper.  After die cutting the paper with the "friend" die from My Favorite Things, I backed the negative space with a contrasting strip of teal cardstock.  To bring in some red, I stamped the "thank  you" sentiment from MFT's Bold Statements set in red pigment ink just above the die cut word.  I added a final pop of red with a red pierced heart die cut at the bottom of the word.  It's accented with a single sparkly red sequin.  I adhered the finished panel to a cheery yellow card base.

Don't miss what the rest of the amazing challenge team has created to inspire you!  Here's where to find them:

Lesley Croghan, challenge owner/creator
Kim Heggins
Kimberly Wiener 
Lori Tecler --you're here!
Lynn Put
Maura/Beesmom
Nancy Salkeld
Veronica Zalis

Materials Used:
Bold Statements stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Die-namics Friend and Pierced Heart Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Cherry ink (Avery Elle); Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chilled Cucumber Soup 6x6 paper pad (Jillibean Soup); red sequin (Michaels); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Hello Lori,

    Your card is really bold and will be a happy thought on someone's mantle for display. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lori! Love the pretty and bright yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Lori, I love the clean look of your card and cute heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The event team was very supportive. They helped us put together a great menu for our NYC events, from the consultation to the tasting to the actual event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I love your pop of teal behind the yellow friend die. Your CAS style if very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card using the colors from the challenge! I really like how your die cut friend pops with the teal behind it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips