Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Wintery Hello


Here's my card for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge.  I was inspired by the photo's soft, earthy color palette and the branches in the tin bucket.

Wintery Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I made a simple snowy scene, combining images from the Hooties and My Peeps sets.  I stamped one of the branches from the Hooties set in brown ink on white cardstock, then colored the branch in with Copic markers.  After cutting it out, I adhered it to a pale gray cardstock panel.  I added a pop of color to the scene with a bird from the My Peeps set, colored red with Copic markers and adhered to the branch using dimensional dots.  Once the bird was in place, I stamped the "hello" sentiment from the Word Salad set next to it in brown ink.

To give the scene a wintery look, I used one of the dies from the Backdrop Builders set to fashion a snowbank from a piece of shimmery white cardstock.  I adhered the die cut cardstock to the bottom of the panel, then added a trio of white sequin "snowflakes" around the panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a white card base.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Paper Smooches Hooties, My Peeps, and Word Salad stamp sets and Backdrop Builders dies; Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa ink; white sequins; Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love a tone on tone look. It is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this?!!...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute! Love that sweet little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. This is so darling.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips