Friday, February 13, 2015

From Here to . . .

This week's blogger challenge theme is "love is in the air."  I combined the theme with the current Mojo Monday sketch and stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps to create this love themed design.

From Here to  . . . card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps
I stamped the United States image in a kraft-like ink on a cream panel, then stamped the sentiment at the top of the panel in contrasting red ink, overlapping the upper left hand portion of the image.  I added the dotted flight trail over the image in the same red ink.  A wood veneer plane was set at one end of the trail.  It's been a while since I used anything from my stash of wood veneer pieces--I'd almost forgotten how fun they are to use!

I matted the panel on kraft cardstock, then added a narrow strip of red cardstock across the bottom of the mat to add a bit of contrast.  The image panel was adhered to a red panel with a piece of arrow patterned paper at one end.  The seam between the patterned and solid papers was hidden by a strip of brown cardstock.  I adhered the finished panel to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
The States Too stamp set, Haute Red Couture, On the Catwalk Cream inks, Rouge Ruffles, On the Catwalk Cream, Brown Leather Satchel, and Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Urban Traveler 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); wood veneer airplane (Studio Calico)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips