Friday, March 20, 2015

How Could I Knot

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  It's also serving as my entry into the outdoor themed blogger challenge.  It's a loose connection to the outdoor theme, but I think it still works if you follow my thinking!

How Could I Knot card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used MFT's Wood Plank Background (wood plank=woodgrain=outdoors, right?) to stamp on a kraft circle in darker brown pigment ink.  The circle was adhered to a crisp white card base, then topped with a dark brown fishtail flag strip.  I accented the strip with a red heart die cut with MFT's Staggered Heart Border die.  The "how could I knot love you?" sentiment from the Wood You Be Mine? set was stamped directly on the white card base in brown pigment ink.  A few red sequins added a little sparkle and shine to the simple design.

Materials Used:
Wood You Be Mine?, Wood Plank Background stamp sets, Chocolate cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Staggered Heart Border dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock  (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); red sequins (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips