Monday, March 9, 2015

Love Is All You Need


Here's my card for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge.  I was inspired by the tiny subway print in the photo that says "love is all you need."  I incorporated the sentiment and its black and white color scheme in my card using the layout from the current Deconstructed Sketch.

Love Is All You Need card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I found the very same sentiment in the Paper Smooches Love-struck stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment in white pigment ink on dark gray cardstock, then heat embossed it for a chalkboard-like look. 

To go with the graphic style of the frames in the inspiration photo, I picked a piece of patterned paper with a graphic pattern to use on my cardfront. I cut the bottom of the panel on an angle, then adhered it to a pale gray cardstock panel.   I handcut a pair of fishtail flag strips from aqua and pale gray cardstock and adhered them to the top of the patterned paper panel, then added a contrasting dark gray strip across the patterned paper panel.   After matting the sentiment on a light gray circle, I used foam tape to add it on top of the fishtail flag
strips.  For a bit of sparkle, I arranged a trio of white sequins around the panel, then adhered the finished piece to an aqua card base.

Materials Used:
Love-struck stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Summer Splash, Grout Gray, and Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Be Loved 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants Design); white sequins; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Great card Lori! Love the colors and that angular panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love this card. This is the type of cards to send to that young 20-30 age group. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these colors are so beautiful together! such a pretty card! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips