Saturday, March 28, 2015

Some Bunny Loves You

I bought the Lawn Fawn Happy Easter with no intention of ever using it for Easter cards.  I had to have those sweet bunnies!  Here, I paired one of the bunnies with with a sentiment from the My Silly Valentine set and the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

Some Bunny Loves You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn FawnI used the sketch's large panel to make a simple scene, starting off with a piece of pale blue patterned paper with a strip of green "grass" along the bottom. After stamping and coloring the bunny image, I cut it out with the matching die and used foam tape to adhere it to the panel.  It's hard to see in the photo, but to give the bunny a true cottontail, I put a layer of white flock on the bunny's tail.  To fill in the scene, I die cut a sun and cloud using the Spring Showers dies and arranged the die cut pieces in the panel's upper left corner. 

I matted the scene on blue cardstock, then adhered it to a pale yellow card base.  The "some bunny loves you" sentiment was stamped on a long, narrow fishtail flag strip and adhered to the panel beneath the bunny.  To go with my card's love theme and to bring in a pop of contrasting color, I stamped a pair of hearts from the Bee Mine set next to the bunny in red pigment ink.

Materials Used:
Happy Easter and My Silly Valentine stamp sets, Spring Showers and Happy Easter dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Memento Luxe Love Letter ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Barely Banana and Shimmery White  cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Summer Splash cardstock (My Favorite Things); aqua patterned paper (Michaels); Grass border punch (Fiskars); white flock (Stampendous)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori, I like the image and the scene
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, that bunny is adorable! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the large panel for your scene and what a cute scene it is :) Love that bunny - he's too, too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely charming!! Love that bunny sitting there sunning himself! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips