Monday, March 9, 2015

The Most Fabulous Birthday Ever

Here's my card for March's first Viva la Verve sketch.  I stretched the layout to fit an A2 card and used it to put together a masculine birthday card inspired by the birthday theme of Verve's March inspiration challenge.

The Most Fabulous Birthday Ever card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I'm still working on using up some older patterned paper, so I pulled out one of my very first My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pads to use on my card.  I mixed and matched two coordinating patterns from the pad and after rounding the corners of the panels, adhered them to a kraft cardstock panel.  I stamped the birthday sentiment from Verve's Better Together set in teal ink on a cream circle, then matted the circle on a golden yellow circle for contrast.  The circle was adhered to the kraft panel, overlapping both patterned paper pieces.  I die cut a long fishtail flag strip from teal cardstock, then added that to the kraft panel just beneath the sentiment.  It was accented with a gold star from my scrap pile.  A pair of teal enamel dots added a final pop of color to the design.  The finished panel was layered on to a golden yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Better Together stamp set (Verve Stamps); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); Harvest Gold and Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); gold paper (Target); Fine and Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad, enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); circle dies (Spellbinders); star punch (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori, great masculine card. Nice easy layout. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used these papers and colors! A totally fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips