Thursday, March 26, 2015

Wonderful Marvelous You

I was last month's Viva la Verve sketch winner (yay!) and I used my generous prize (thanks, Julee!) to buy some of the Verve sets that have been on my wishlist for a while now.  The Wonderful Marvelous set was one of those and I inked it up for the current VLV sketch.

Wonderful Marvelous You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I designed my card around a piece of pink on pink dotted patterned paper.  I paired the patterned paper with two coordinating solid pink cardstock colors from my collection.  A white doily sandwiched between the patterned panel and the brighter pink (raspberry-ish) cardstock breaks up the pinks just a bit.  The patterned paper panel was topped with a pair of fishtail flag strips.  Instead of a adding a bow at the top of the fishtail flags, I arranged a pair of die cut hearts, cut with Verve's Heart Quartet die. The "wonderful marvelous you" sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the patterned paper panel in black pigment ink.  I adhered the finished panel to an easy to write on pale pink card base.

Materials Used:
Wonderful Marvelous stamp set, Heart Quartet dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Ripe Raspberry cardstock, Die-Namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lovebirds 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); white paper doily; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips