Saturday, March 7, 2015

You Fill My Thoughts

Here's a simple thinking of you design inspired by the current sketch at the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.  The die cut and stamped sentiment takes center stage on this one.

You Fill My Thoughts card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Simon Says Stamp
To really make the sentiment stand out, I die cut the "you" several times and stacked the die cuts for dimension. The "fill my thoughts" was stamped underneath the raised word in matching pink pigment ink.  I edged the panel with a yellow scallop edged strip, then topped it with some plaid washi tape.  A bit of pink twine wrapped around the tape finished it off.  I adhered the panel to a contrasting pink card base for a final pop of color.

Materials Used:
You stamp set and die (Simon Says Stamp); Memento Luxe Rose Bud ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Lemon Tart and Hibiscus Burst cardstock, medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); twine (Hemptique); plaid washi tape (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I love the simple beauty of your card. I find sometimes, less is more and you have shown that here.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips