Saturday, April 18, 2015

Blue Skies Ahead

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  The main panel is  kind of a loose interpretation of the layout, but I think it still works.

Blue Skies Ahead card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsInstead of covering the top of the light blue panel with an angled panel, I used a pair of layered circles to make a cheery sun.  I stamped a sentiment from the Blue Skies Ahead set at the bottom of the panel in orange pigment ink, then heat embossed it in orange.  I must not have gotten the embossing powder on fast enough, so it didn't stick well.  I went back with my Versamarker and traced over the spots that didn't emboss, then recoated them with powder.  The end result was the kind of mottled look you see here.  Not sure I'm thrilled with it, but I'm going with it.

I arranged a line of four circles along the bottom of a yellow card base, then added the image panel on top.  A few clear sequins added a touch of sparkle to the design.

Materials Used:
Blue Skies Ahead stamp set (My Favorite Things); Fizz ink (Avery Elle); Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, and Orange Zest cardstock, Orange Zest patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); Apricot embossing powder (American Crafts); corner rounder

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips