Thursday, April 9, 2015

Good Things Come in Small Packages

While I've been home for spring break, I've been spending some time straightening up my stamping space.  In fact, if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen a photo of my desk now that I've unearthed it!  I'm also trying to use up some older supplies, so I mixed some older items (designer paper and twill) with some new things on this card for Verve's April inspiration challenge.

Good Things Come in Small Packages card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-images from Verve StampsThe challenge theme is bunnies and babies--I opted for babies since I came across my Echo Park Bundle of Joy paper pad.  The card's layout is based on this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  I covered a kraft card base with a piece of the pad's fun animal patterned paper and a solid strip of golden yellow cardstock.  The seam between the two papers was hidden by a piece of blue seam binding. 

Instead of using a baby themed stamp set for my sentiment, I used Verve's Small Packages birthday themed set.  One of the set's sentiments was perfect for a baby card!  I stamped it in aquamarine ink on a pale blue circle, then added it to the cardfront over a pair of slanted edge cardstock strips.  A sparkly gold star die cut was adhered to the edge of the sentiment panel using foam tape for dimension.  I thought about adding a few sequins, but decided that the cute animals were already kind of busy, so I left the card sequin-free.

Materials Used:
Small Packages stamp set (Verve Stamps); Aquamarine ink, Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Harvest Gold and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Bundle of Joy-Boy 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle die (Spellbinders); stitched star die (Lil' Inker Designs); blue seam binding (Martha Stewart); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. What a darling baby card, Lori...the paper is soo cute and I love the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling! I love that sentiment for a baby card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips