Friday, April 3, 2015

Wherever You Go

Here's my card for the current Sugar Sketch at Sugar Pea Designs.  Even though I'm not the best at coloring detailed images, especially people ones, I couldn't resist this sweet Going Places set.

Wherever You Go card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Sugar Pea DesignsI did my best to color the girl with Copic markers, then carefully cut her out.  She was adhered to a light blue circle using foam tape for dimension. I adhered the circle to a red panel over a piece of heart patterned paper.  I used a scrap of the same patterned paper plus a scrap of the same blue I used for the image panel to make a pair of small fishtail flag strips to add to the top of the red panel. They're stapled for a fun detail.  I stamped the set's "wherever you go, my heart is with you" sentiment in the bottom right corner of the red panel.  To go with the card's love theme, I accented the image panel with a die cut red heart.  The finished panel was adhered to a pale gray card base.

Materials Used:
Going Places stamp set (Sugar Pea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Grout Gray and Persimmon cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Something Wonderful 6x6 paper pad (Teresa Collins); circle die (Spellbinders); stitched heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); foam tape; staples

2 comments:

  1. I love your card Lori. You did a great job on the colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy I need to visit blogs more, I love the look of yours! And darling card GF!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips