Friday, June 19, 2015

Baby in Blue


Here's my card for this month's sketch challenge at SugarPea Designs.  My interpretation of the sketch is kind of loose, but I think you can still see the basic sketch if you look closely . . .

Baby in Blue card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
I colored the stork and baby from the Bundle of Joy set using Copic markers.  After rounding the panel's corners, I matted it on light blue cardstock, then layered it on to a piece of blue patterned paper. 

Instead of adding a round panel over the lower right corner of the image panel, I used a die cut word.  I die cut the word "baby" from the SugarCuts-Baby Diaper Pin die set several times from blue cardstock, then stacked the die cuts for dimension.  To get a shadow-like look, I die cut the word one more time, this time from dark gray cardstock.  I adhered the gray die cut at the bottom of the layered die cut stack, slightly offset to create a faux shadow.  I accented the word with a small die cut pink heart.  The finished panel was adhered to a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Bundle of Joy stamp set, SugarCuts-Baby Diaper Pin die (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Hello Summer 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); stitched heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips