Saturday, June 6, 2015

You're Miles Above the Rest

Here's another sweet design featuring a set from the recent release at The Cat's Pajamas.  I paired the adorable hot air ballooning big eared bunny from the new Drop In set with a loose interpretation of the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

You're Miles Above the Rest card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from The Cat's Pajamas
I colored the bunny with Copic markers.  If you follow me on Instagram, you may just recognize this bunny from one of my posts a few days ago . . .  Once he was colored, I adhered him to a blue card base using foam tape.  I die cut a fluffy cloud from shimmery white cardstock using the new CutUps Stitched Clouds die (free right now with a $65 purchase!) and tucked it underneath the raised balloon. 

For the sentiment, I turned to an older TCP set, Oh Chute.  I stamped "you're miles above the rest" on a yellow banner strip cut with a die from the CutUps Framed Up 2 set and added it to the card, overlapping the balloon just a tiny bit.  I thought about addign a few sequins as an accent around the cloud and balloon, but in the end, decided to keep the design super simple. 

Materials Used:
Drop In and Oh Chute stamp sets, CutUps Stitched Cloud and Framed Up 2 dies (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Cool Caribbean, Yoyo Yellow, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Ok this is the cutest card ever! I adore that bunny.....and love how sweet he looks against that soft blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute!! Adorable image and great coloring!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is this card Lori?! Love that hot air balloon and bunny! Such a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips