Thursday, July 30, 2015

Just Because

I'm squeezing in this card for the last July Viva la Verve sketch just under the wire!  This card is also my entry for Verve's July Sensational Stripes Diva Inspiration Challenge.

Just Because card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I designed my card around the diagonal striped paper strip from an Authentique paper pad.  The striped panel was edged with a narrow strip of coordinating red cardstock, then adhered to a pale gray cardstock panel.  It was topped with a piece of dotted patterned paper.  Dots and stripes are my favorite pattern combination!

For the sentiment, I used Verve's Tagged Rectangle Die to cut a yellow tag.  The "just because" sentiment from the Take Note set was stamped on the tag in gray pigment ink.  To bring in a bit more red, I tied a scrap of red grosgrain ribbon on to the tag, then adhered it to the panel.  I die cut a pierced circle from shiny silver cardstock, then tucked it underneath the ribbon edge of the tag for a bit of sparkle and shine.  The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Take Note stamp set, Tagged Rectangle Die (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Poppy Parade and So Saffron cardstock, red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Be(you)tiful 6x6 paper pad (Authentique)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips