Sunday, August 30, 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS-Just a Note

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! *** 


This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is an anything goes challenge. I put together a school themed design using PS's Smarty Pants stamp set and Easel die.

Just a Note card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper SmoochesI stamped the professor image on white cardstock and colored him with Copic markers.  After cutting him out using the matching die from the Smarty Pants Icons dies, I coated the lenses of his eyeglasses with Glossy Accents to get a glass-like look (which, unfortunately, doesn't show well in my photo).

The easel was die cut from kraft and gray cardstock.  I stamped the "just a note" sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler set on the gray piece in white pigment ink, then heat embossed it to make it look more like chalk. The assembled easel and professor were arranged on a background with a hand drawn and colored "floor".  The finished panel was adhered to a kraft card base.

We hope you’ll join us and share a project using Paper Smooches stamps or dies. One participant in this week’s challenge will win a $30 gift certificate to the PS store! Before you head off to start your own creation, don’t miss what the rest of the SPARKS team has created for this week's challenge. Here’s where to find them:

Materials Used:
Smarty Pants and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, Smarty Pants Icons and Easel dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers, black multiliner pen (Copic); Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Too cute...love this sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this guy more all the time, Lori! You've done a fantastic job of grounding him with your awesome coloring...
    =] MIchele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Paper Smooches and this card is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack, I absolutely LOVE this card - I can't wait to die cut a few easels and make fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori--- this professor makes me laugh! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE him! I love how you've colored him and made the floor look so real! It looks like a real classroom! I love it! You nailed this design <3 Thanks so much for joining in the fun on your week off <3 HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips