Thursday, August 6, 2015

You Make My Life Brighter



This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is an anything goes challenge. I used the new to me Giddy Bugs set for this simple cheery design.

You Make My Life Brighter card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
My bug image was stamped on watercolor paper, then colored in with a combination of Zig Clean Color markers and an aquabrush. Still need a lot of practice with these . . . Since I wanted a glow behind my bug, I used an ink blending tool and yellow distress inks to make a glowy yellow circle-ish shape on a white cardstock panel. To add some texture, I drizzled on some droplets of an irRESISTible texture spray. After the droplets dried, I wound a length of sparkly silver string into some messy loops and added that to the cardfront along with the colored bug image.


 The set’s “you make my life brighter” sentiment was stamped on the left side of the panel. I layered the finished panel on to a black cardstock mat, then adhered it to a yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs stamp set (Paper Smooches); Versafine Onyx Black ink, irRESISTible Dandelion texture spray (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Mustard Seed distress ink, watercolor paper (Ranger); Clean Color markers (Zig); Yoyo Yellow and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver thread (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable card Lori! You just can't go wrong with PS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this would totally brighten someones day!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips