Thursday, November 26, 2015

Celebrate

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm heading out later this morning to meet my sister at the movie theater to see the final installment of the Hunger Games series, followed by a dinner with our family later on in the day.  The movie has been our tradition for the last four years, so I guess we'll have to come up with an alternative for next year now that the series is coming to a close.

One of the things I am thankful for is that I have been able to work with some amazing companies in the paper crafting community this year.  One of those companies is Paper Smooches.  I was so sad to see the SPARKS challenge come to an end last month, but that won't stop me from joining in on the challenges that are now being hosted on the PS blog. This month's challenge theme is "gold."  I used that as a starting point for this celebratory design.  The layout is a somewhat loose interpretation of the current sketch at the Paper Players.  If you look closely, I think you can see it . . .

I used the PS Gift Tags dies to cut a pair of tags, one white and one gold.  The white one was filled with a pair of glasses stamped with the Free Spirits set and cut with the matching Free Spirits Icons dies.  I added a tiny gold die cut heart between the glasses.  The heart was cut with the Tiny Hearts die set--maybe my all time favorite PS dies.  I use these little hearts all the time!  I layered the white tag over the gold one, then tied them together with a piece of gold baker's twine.

I adhered the tag pair to a black panel.  After stamping the "celebrate" sentiment from the Sugar Rush stamp set on a narrow gold Flag Tags die cut, I added the strip to the panel, tucking one end underneath the tags.  The panel was mated with white cardstock, then adhered to a gold panel.  The gold panel was adhered to a black card base.  I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of gold, but it's definitely starting to grow on me, especially when paired with black.

Materials Used:
Free Spirits and Sugar Rush stamp sets, Free Spirits Icons, Gift Tags, Tiny Hearts, and Flag Tags dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Delicata Golden Glitz inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper, gold baker's twine (Target); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips