Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Bee Mine

Now that Christmas is over, it's time to switch gears in my cardmaking!  I used the current sketch at RetroSketches to make this fun love themed design using stamps from Paper Smooches.

Bee Mine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
The bee from the Bee Mine set is my focal image.  I colored him with Copic markers, then cut him out with the matching die.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I coated his eyes with Glossy Accents and the wings with a bit of glitter.  The image was adhered to a round panel using foam tape. 

I covered the left edge of a yellow card base with a strip of solid red cardstock, then added a contrasting gray dotted paper panel on top.  The image panel was set at the top left corner of the gray paper.  I accented it with a clear crystal flourish as a flight trail and a trio of tiny hearts, cut with the PS Tiny Hearts die.  The "bee mine" sentiment was stamped in the lower right corner of the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
Bee Mine stamp set, Bee Mine Icons and Tiny Hearts dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Steel Grey, Electric Red, Lemon Drop, and Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); gray dotted patterned paper, clear crystal flourish (Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); Glossy Accents (Ranger); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips