Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Happy Holidays from All of Us

Here's my card for November's final Viva la Verve sketch.  I used the layout for a snow-themed holiday design.

Happy Holidays from All of Us card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsI used the trio of different sized snowflakes from Verve's Holiday Treats set to randomly stamp a bunch of snowflakes on the left half of a kraft cardstock panel.  After letting the pigment ink dry, I inked the panel's edges with brown distress ink to soften the contrast of the flakes a bit.  I also brushed the panel with some cream pigment ink for a more aged look.

The "happy holidays" sentiment was stamped on the cream tag in red pigment ink.  I added a trio of small snowflakes around the sentiment in kraft ink.  The "from all of us" sentiment from the Small Packages set was stamped on a piece of a diecut label, then added to the bottom edge of the tag.  I adhered the tag to the kraft panel, then topped it with a red seam binding ribbon.  After matting the panel on red cardstock, I adhered it to an easy to write on cream card base.

Materials Used
Holiday Treats and Small Packages stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa, Love Letter, and Toffee Crunch inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Whip Cream pigment ink, Die-namics Pierced Traditional Tag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); CutUps Framed Up dies (The Cat's Pajamas); red seam binding (Martha Stewart); Bow Easy

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips