Sunday, January 31, 2016

You're So Thoughtful

I tried my hand at some simple watercoloring for this card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm not great at watercoloring images, but even I can be successful with a simple watercolor wash like this!

You're So Thoughtful card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th

My watercolor panel was made with a gradient of pinks, starting with a dark purple and fading out to pink.  Once the panel dried, I used my MISTI to stamp the "you're so thoughtful" sentiment from Concord and 9th's Being Classy set on it.  I stamped it first in silver ink, then shifted the panel slightly before stamping the sentiment a second time in a bold purple ink.  I accented the text with a trio of sequins, choosing a variety of sizes to add interest.  The finished panel was adhered to a bright pink card base.

Materials Used:
Being Classy stamp set (Concord and 9th); Versafine Imperial Purple and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); watercolors

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips