Sunday, February 21, 2016

Go Get Carried Away

I love Mama Elephant's Up and Away set, so I was super excited to see the companion set Carried Away in their latest release.  As soon as it arrived in my mailbox, I inked it up for this card based on this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  The design also fits the new "up, up, and away" themed challenge at The Paper Players.

Go Get Carried Away card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Mama Elephant
I used the set's large balloon and one of its child images along with a die from the Landscape Trio set to build my scene on a pale blue background.  The images were colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching dies.  I used foam tape to place them onto my background.  The "go get carried away" sentiment was stamped in the open space in navy ink.  I edged the panel with a strip of navy scalloped cardstock, then adhered it to a coordinating red card base.

Materials Used:
Carried Away stamp set, Carried Away and Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Shimmery White cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

14 comments:

  1. I just love this design completely, I think you have done wonderful job of making him float in the sky. Just so special and the perfect colour combo.
    Missy Pink x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this design completely, I think you have done wonderful job of making him float in the sky. Just so special and the perfect colour combo.
    Missy Pink x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori...I think think this is the new MME set...it is so cute! I may have to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet card Lori! Love that sentiment,too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so cute! That little fellow being carried away....adorable! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love that big balloon carrying the little guy aloft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is wonderful Lori - I just adore the scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute!! Love the big red balloon, awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori that little chap floating away on his big red balloon is adorable and the sentiment is just perfect for my challenge! Thanks for joining my CAS 'Up, Up and Away' challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw that you won top pick on the latest Paper Players challenge...congratulations Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, Lori - what a great take on the challenge. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips