Saturday, April 2, 2016

Rustic Love

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I flipped the sketch on its side for my love themed design.

I Love You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I made my own patterned paper panel with a piece of kraft cardstock, brown pigment ink, MFT's Wood Plank Background stamp, and my MISTI.  The MISTI made getting a good impression from the large background stamp so easy!  After stamping, I cut a heart shaped opening from the panel using one of the Pierced Heart STAX dies.  I filled in the opening with the same heart, cut from red cardstock.  The "I love you" sentiment, die cut from red cardstock with one of the Straight to My Heart dies, was adhered to a cream panel, then set at the bottom of the wood plank stamped panel.  I adhered the panel to a dark brown panel layered on to a cream card base.  While I planned for the design to be simple, it looked a bit flat to me, so I added a single gold sequin to the edge of the heart to finish off the card.

Materials Used:
Wood Plank Background stamp, Die-namics Straight to My Heart and Pierced Heart STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Chocolate Chip and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold sequin

2 comments:

  1. Great card Lori! Love the pop of red and that wood grain background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute CAS masculine card! Love the dies and the wood background stamp is fabulous! I do have that one. Hadn't thought of using brown on kraft, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips