Sunday, April 10, 2016

You Brighten My Day

Here's another encouraging card that will be making its way to my office on Monday.  It's based on this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

You Brighten My Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I interpreted the layout's large round panel as a sun.  Mine is made from an orange pinking edge circle topped with a plain yellow circle.  I adhered the "sun" to a light blue striped panel set on an orange card base to match the sun's edge.  The "you brighten my day" sentiment from the Watt's Up set was stamped in orange ink on a long,  narrow Fishtail Flag Strip and placed on top of the sun.  I die cut a pair of flat bottom clouds from shimmery white cardstock and added those to the cardfront along with a trio of sequins to fill in the design.

Materials Used:
Watt's Up stamp set, Orange Fizz and Daffodil cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX Flat Bottom Clouds dies (My Favorite Things); Fizz ink (Avery Elle); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); white sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips