Sunday, May 22, 2016

Counting Down to Your Special Day

I used this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge to put together a fun space themed birthday card.  I love the traditional primary color scheme here--it must be the kindergarten teacher in me! 

Counting Down to Your Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I made the sketch's large circle into a moon by adding a debossed pattern to it.  After adhering it to a blue pierced rectangle panel, I added one of the rocket images from the Out of This World set on top.  The panel was adhered to a contrasting red panel, matching the red I used to color in the rocket.  I stamped the set's "counting down to your special day" sentiment on a silver cardstock strip, then adhered the strip beneath the images.  A few silver sequins completed the scene. I adhered the finished panel to a matching blue card base.

Materials Used:
Out of This World stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy, Real Red, and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections silver cardstock (Michaels); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips