Sunday, May 8, 2016

You Are Amazing

In honor of Mother's Day, I'm sharing the card that I made to give to my own mom.  The layout is based on the current sketch at Global Design Project.

You Are Amazing card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I started out by creating the watercolor background, using a gradient of colors from pink to purple. While the paint dried, I die cut the word "mom" from both pink cardstock and craft foam using the Lowercase dies from Clear and Simple Stamps.  Once the background was dry, I added the letters on top, layering the cardstock pieces over the foam for dimension.  The "you are amazing" sentiment from the My Favorite Things Amazing stamp set was stamped just beneath the letters in silver ink, then heat embossed in silver.  I accented the words with a bunch of silver glitter enamel dots.  The finished panel was matted on silver cardstock, then adhered to to a coordinating pink card base.

Materials Used:
Amazing stamp set (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver cardstock, watercolors, fun foam (Michaels); Lowercase dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); silver enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips