Sunday, July 31, 2016

As Cool As You Are

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the penguin I colored a few days ago for the current Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge as my focal image on a summery scene.

As Cool As You Are card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
The penguin from the Penguins in Paradise stamp set was colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching die.  I set the colored image aside to build my simple scene on a light aqua card base.  My sky is a piece of pale aqua grid patterned paper matted on some darker aqua cardstock. I used the same aqua cardstock and a border punch to make a wavy strip for the set's "hope your day is as cool as you are" sentiment.  The wavy strip was set across the bottom of the grid panel, then I added the penguin on top, using foam tape for dimension.  A whimsical dotted sun, fashioned from a pair of circle die cuts, completed the summer scene.

Materials Used:
Penguins in Paradise stamp set, Die-namics Penguins in Paradise dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Lemon Tart cardstock, Lemon Tart patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Aqua Screen designer paper (Michaels); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips