Sunday, July 10, 2016

I'm Already on the Naughty List

It's July which means we're half-way through the calendar year--and half-way to the holiday season, too!  I put together this holiday themed design for the current TCP Tuesday Christmas in July challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.  Gotta love that trouble-making big eared bunny . . .

I'm Already on the Naughty List card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
The layout for my design comes from the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I built the card on a pale gray background covered with a piece of darker dotted gray paper.  The contrasting red pierced oval diecut was inlaid into the patterned paper for a clean look. 

I colored the bunny image from the All Is Bright set with Copic markers, then used foam tape to adhere the bunny to the red oval.  The set's "I'm already on the naughty list" sentiment was stamped in black ink on a silver fishtail flag strip and adhered to the panel with one end tucked beneath the raised bunny image.  I'm sure I'll find someone appropriate to give this to as we get closer to the holiday season!

Materials Used:
All Is Bright stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Oval STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Recollections Gray Mini Dot patterned paper and Silver cardstock (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. I love this, Lori. The Bun works perfectly with this sketch. So nice to have you playing along with TCP Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you joining the TCP Tuesday challenge Lori. I love the gray and red combined with that adorable bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you joining the TCP Tuesday challenge Lori. I love the gray and red combined with that adorable bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see these bunnies, I can't help but smile - they are so adorable! And you've made a fabulous card featuring him! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips