Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Wild Greenery Thank You

Here's another design inspired by last week's Camp Create challenges at My Favorite Things.  This one uses inlaid die cutting along with the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.

Wild Greenery Thank You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I used two of the dies from the Wild Greenery die set to cut a bunch of leaves out of a kraft panel.  After adhering the cut kraft piece to a white scrap paper backing, I filled in the openings with matching green leaf die cuts.  I was careful to keep the little scrap pieces from between the leaves when I was cutting the kraft panel so that I could fill in those openings, too. After edging the inlaid panel with gold cardstock strips, I adhered it to a pale green card base.  The "thank you" sentiment from the For the Boys set was stamped just above the leafy panel.  I used my MISTI so I could double stamp it for a nice, bold image.  The end result was an easy to mail and perfect for any recipient thank you card.

Materials Used:
For the Boys stamp set, Die-namics Wild Greenery dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Bamboo Leaves ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fabulous, Lori! I love your take on the challenge and on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips