Tuesday, August 16, 2016

All the Fixings for a Great Day

I picked up the Taylored Expressions All the Fixings stamp and die set at a scrapbook expo earlier this summer, thinking it would be great for masculine designs.  I put this one together based on TE's current Share Joy challenge.  It incorporates both the sketch (not exactly!) and the clean and simple theme.

All the Fixings for a Great Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Taylored Expressions
I started off by assembling the die cut hammer.  I die cut it three times, using black, silver, and kraft cardstock scraps, then cut the die cut pieces apart to assemble the hammer.  For dimension, I cut the hammer one more time, this time from craft foam.  I glued the cardstock hammer to the craft foam, then attached it to a pale gray cardstock panel, overlapping one end of a narrow dark gray cardstock strip adhered near the bottom of the panel. 

The set's birthday sentiment was stamped just above the gray cardstock strip in gray pigment ink.  To go with the card's tool theme, I added a single screw-looking brad to the dark gray cardstock strip.  The finished panel was adhered to a kraft card base.  I'm thinking I might put this one aside for my dad's birthday later this fall . . .

Materials Used:
All the Fixings stamp and die combo (Taylored Expressions); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections silver cardstock and screw brad (Michaels); craft foam

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun masculine card! Love that flathead screw brad you added!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips