Sunday, August 21, 2016

Happy Bear-thday

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I used the sketch to put together a sweet bear themed birthday card.

Happy Bear-thday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My focal image is the balloon holding bear from the Beary Special Birthday stamp set.  I colored the bear with Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut out the colored image.  After adhering a multicolored plaid patterned paper panel to an apple green card base, I added the bear image on top using foam tape for dimension.  To balance out the design, I added a yellow mini tab to the bottom of the plaid panel.  The set's "happy bear-thday" sentiment was stamped on a white fishtail flag strip and adhered to the cardfront using foam tape.  A trio of yellow enamel dots were arranged around the sentiment strip for one more pop of the bright color.

Materials Used:
Beary Special Birthday stamp set, Sour Apple and Lemon Drop cardstock, Die-namics Beary Special Birthday, Fishtail Flag STAX, and Mini Tabs Foursome dies (My Favorite Things); Memenot Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Perfectly Plaid 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); yellow enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips