Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Moo-chas Gracias

As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have the If Cows Could Talk stamp and die combo from Taylored Expressions.  For many years, my sister and I have sent each other cow themed birthday cards and this set will be perfect for making some of those . . . This card, based on the current Share Joy challenge, is a punny cow themed thank you that will be fun to give to a friend.

Moo-chas Gracias card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Taylored Expressions
I stamped the cow on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut it out.  I went with a mostly blue color scheme for the design, picking up the gingham element in the challenge's inspiration photo with the blue gingham panel that takes center stage.  A strip of neutral twill along the left side of the card breaks up the blues a bit and adds some texture, too.  I used foam tape to adhere the cow image on top.  The set's "moo-chas gracias" sentiment was stamped on a white fishtail flag strip, then placed on the card with one edge tucked underneath the cow image.

Materials Used:
If Cows Could Talk stamp and die combo (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain and Enchanted Evening cardstock, Spring Rain patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); khaki twill (Martha Stewart); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips