Thursday, August 11, 2016

Mostly Monochromatic Thank You

Here's my card for August's first Viva la Verve sketch.  I used the layout to create a mostly monchromatic thank you note featuring shades of green.

Thank You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I started out by choosing my paper for the trio of panels in the background.  Once I settled on this green paper with a circle pattern, I cut the paper into three strips and arranged them the card base.  I topped the strips with an avocado green panel edged with pale mossy green strips.  To add a bit of texture, I stretched a strip of green satin ribbon across the panel. 

The pretty frame and sentiment from Verve's Thankful Accents set were stamped on the same mossy green cardstock in green ink.  After cutting out the panels with circle dies, I adhered them to a scalloped circle that matches the card base.  I used foam tape to adhere the sentiment panel to the cardfront to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Thankful Accents stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Bamboo Leaves ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, and Fine Linen cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Prudence Collection-Discretion designer paper (Crate Paper); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); green satin ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips