Thursday, August 18, 2016

Worm Wishes

The start of the school year is right around the corner here, so I've put together a few cards (including this one) for some of my work colleagues who have moved on to new school based positions.  This one is based on this month's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.

Worm Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse ConfettiI combined two of RC's school themed sets on my card--the new Worm Wishes and one of my old favorites, Class Act.  The apple image from Class Act was adhered to a white pierced circle panel. I used a combination of stamping and coloring on the worm image from Worm Wishes, then layered it on top of the apple.

I used the colors from the apple and worm to pick out the papers for the rest of my card.  I added a green star patterned panel to the bottom right corner of a kraft cardstock panel.  The long edge of the star patterned paper was covered with a piece of narrow ruler washi tape to go with my school theme.  I stamped the "worm wishes for a happy day" sentiment at the bottom of a red cardstock panel and adhered it to the kraft panel, then topped it with the image panel.  A gold tab cut with one of the Class Act dies was tucked underneath the right edge of the red strip for a little contrast and sparkle.  I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating green card base.

Materials Used:
Class Act and Worm Wishes stamp sets, Class Act and Worm Wishes dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Love Letter, Pear Tart, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target); Lil' Buddy-Bursts designer paper (Pebbles); Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); ruler washi tape (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips