Friday, August 12, 2016

You Brighten My Day

Even though Giddy Bugs is an older Paper Smooches set, I still love using it!  This card featuring the lightning bug image is based on the current sketch at Can You Case It.  It also fits the current light theme challenge at The Paper Players.

You Brighten My Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I colored the lightning bug with Copic markers, then coated the wings with glitter from a clear Sparkle pen. So pretty!  After cutting the image out, I used foam tape to adhere it to the pale blue card base.  For even more sparkle, I added a piece of a clear crystal flourish to make a flight trail for the bug.  The "you brighten my day" sentiment from the We Totally Click set (another old favorite!) was stamped to the left of the bug in black ink. 

I adhered a sparkly silver cardstock strip to the left edge of the card base and added a contrasting bright yellow strip cut with one of the PS Flag Tags dies.  The cardstock strips were topped with a yellow button tied with a bit of matching yellow baker's twine.

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs and We Totally Click stamp sets, Flag Tag dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Clear Sparkle pen (Spectrum Noir); Sno Cone and Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Recollections silver cardstock and clear crystal flourish (Michaels); twine (Divine Twine); yellow button; foam tape

11 comments:

  1. Very cute card, Lori! I love the colors and the CAS-ness of it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Can You Case It! – Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little bee....I love his little "trail", LOL!! In fact, I love everything about this! Thanks for sharing this at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you colored that bumble bee, Lore! Such a cute take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CanYouCaseIt?!- Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A firefly! What a fun and adorable take on the challenge! Wish I could see the sparkle of the wings IRL. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card Lori - sure to brighten someone's day! Thanks for playing along with my light-themed challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, this is so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this is so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super, super cute card, Lori! Love the crystal bee trail and the silver paper embellishments. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so cute! Love the little bug and the colors you chose! Thanks for joining us at CYCI this week! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Lori...I love the bee's trail of bling! And congrats on being selected as one of the top picks on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Lori! :) You're my top 6 pick! grab your badge from CYCI! :) Have a wonderful day! Eva :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips