Friday, September 9, 2016

Follow Your Rainbow

Things have been very busy at my day job, so I only had time to put together a quick card before I sat down to tackle the work I brought home.  This week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge was a perfect fit! 

Follow Your Rainbow card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I let the rainbow background panel do most of the work here.  I added the contrasting black die cut "rainbow," made extra dimensional with a matching craft foam cutout behind it.  The black has such a nice pop against the rainbow background!  I stamped the coordinating"follow your" sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness set on a tiny bright pink cardstock strip and placed it just above the die cut word.  The word and die cut were accented with a trio of iridescent sequins.  After layering the rainbow panel on a bright pink cardstock mat, I adhered it to a pale pink card base. The pinks aren't exactly traditional rainbow colors, but I love how they look here!

Materials Used:
Rainbow of Happiness stamp set, Die-namics Color the Rainbow dies (My Favorite Things); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Raspberry Fizz and Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Rainbow Bright 6x6 paper pack (Taylored Expressions); iridescent sequins; craft foam

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips