Friday, September 2, 2016

HB2U

With the arrival of my sweet rescue puppy on Saturday, I've been trying to keep my time in my crafting space short.  This week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge was perfect for whipping up a quick birthday card.

HB2U card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from My Favorite Things
I used the "HB2U" die from the Tag Talk die set as my sentiment.  After cutting the tag from blue cardstock, I backed the open letters with contrasting red cardstock so they'd stand out.  I threaded a scrap of red stitched grosgrain ribbon through the tag's hole, then secured it with twine.  I covered most of a blue card base with a bold and festive striped patterned paper panel and added the tag on top, using foam tape for dimension.  The tag was accented with a trio of coordinating red enamel dots.

Materials Used:
Tag Talk dies (My Favorite Things); Brocade Blue and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Party Boy 6x6 paper pad (Photo Play); red enamel dots (Michaels); twine (Lawn Fawn); red stitched grosgrain ribbon; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips