Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fun Fall Thanks


Here's my card for the current Lawnscaping inspiration challenge.  I took my inspiration from the photo collage's color scheme and crate full of pumpkins.  The wagon from Lawn Fawn's Happy Harvest set was perfect for what I had in mind!

Many Thanks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
It's been a while since I made an interactive card and I knew the wagon would make a great slider element for a design.  I colored it with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out.  While I was stamping and coloring, I colored up a trio of pumpkins, too.  I arranged them on a mustard yellow dotted panel with a pair of green grass strips along the bottom.  After cutting a slider track into the panel, I added the colored wagon to the track.  The pumpkins were arranged in a pile to the left of the wagon track. 

To fill in the scene, I placed a die cut sun and clouds, made with the Spring Showers dies, in the upper left corner of the panel.  The "many thanks" sentiment was stamped in the open space.The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating mustard card base--with a green strip matching the grass strategically placed to help the track blend in!

Materials Used:
Happy Harvest stamp set, Spring Showers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Old Olive, More Mustard, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Die-namics Surf and Turm dies (My Favorite Things); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips