Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I Think You're Spectacular

I'm sliding in just under the wire with my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  Here's my clean and simple take on the design.

I Think You're Spectacular card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI stamped a pale gray panel with the Geometric Grid background stamp in gray pigment ink, then trimmed the panel down to fit a black card base.  Using a MISTI with the large background stamps makes them so much easier to use.  It really helps to get a solid and complete impression. 

I stamped the "I think you're spectacular" sentiment from the Geek Is Chic stamp set in black ink on a contrasting red panel and adhered it across the grid patterned panel.  For more contrast, I edged the red strip with a narrow black cardstock strip.  I topped the sentiment panel with a pair of eyeglasses die cut with the Geek Is Chic Glasses dies. For dimension, I layered three die cuts together.  A trio of gray enamel dots arranged around the sentiment completed the design.

Materials Used:
Geek Is Chic stamp set, Geometric Grid background stamp, Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Geek Is Chic Glasses dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts)Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up); gray enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips