Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Snappy Birthday

I put together this punny birthday card for a teenaged boy.  He's come to look forward to my birthday cards over the years, so I hope this one doesn't disappoint!

Snappy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
The layout is from the current sketch at Match the Sketch, flipped on its side.  I used one of the layout's panels to make a beach scene with a piece of aqua grid patterned paper and a pair of layered torn kraft strips across the bottom. That's my go-to technique for making something look sand-like.  To round out the scene, I added a pinking circle sun and a tiny cloud. 

The image panel was adhered to an aqua cardstock panel over a piece of red striped patterned paper.  I stretched a piece of aqua twill across the length of the card, then added a red crab from Reverse Confetti's Seaside stamp set on top.  To add dimension and interest, I dotted the crab's eyes with a bit of gray irRESISTible Pico Embellisher.  The set's "snappy birthday" sentiment was stamped at the center of the scene panel in aqua pigment ink.  I added a few iridescent sequins "shells" around the sand, then layered the finished panel on a pale aqua card base.

Materials Used:
Seaside stamp set, Seaside dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Lady Bug ink, Gray Flannel irRESISTible Pico Embellisher (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); Real Red and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, and Kraft cardstock, Aqua Mist twill (Papertrey Ink); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Recollections Aqua Screen designer paper (Michaels); Quite Contrary-Jack and Jill 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); Backdrop Builders dies (Paper Smooches); iridescent sequins; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Eine schöne Karte ist das geworden, da hast du unseren Sketch super getroffen, vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen und viel Glück bei der Challenge und der Verlosung. Viele liebe Grüße, Fanny

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips