Saturday, October 29, 2016

You're a Spooktacular Friend

I'm squeezing in one more Halloween card before the end of the spooky season.  This one is based on the current Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the sketch with some elements from the inspiration photo, including the color scheme and Halloween theme.

You're a Spooktacular Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
My focal image is the ghost from the Eek-a-Boo set.  I stamped the image on vellum and heat embossed it, then used Copic markers to add a bit of color.  After cutting out the colored image, I used some vellum-friendly adhesive to place the ghost on a yellow zig zag stitched circle die cut "moon."  The moon and ghost were layered on to a gray dotted panel with a pale gray mat, then adhered to a dark gray card base.  I stamped the set's "you're a spooktacular friend" sentiment on a long orange fishtail flag strip and added that to the top of the card. I thought about adding some sequins as stars, but I knew this card was making its way to a boy, so I decided against adding the glittery bits!

Materials Used:
Eek-a-Boo stamp set, Zig Zag Stitched Circle dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, white vellum (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey and Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Recollections Gray Mini Dot designer paper and Snow embossing powder (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips