Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Bear Bearing Gifts for You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I put together a fun birthday card using the Birthday Bears stamp set.

For You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up the bear using Copic markers and cut him out with the matching die.  The colored image was adhered to a pale gray pierced oval die cut using foam tape.  I paired the image with a vibrant chevron patterned paper that matches the colors of the bear's pile of gift boxes.  The patterned paper panel was placed in the upper right corner of an equally vibrant yellow card base.  I wouldn't think to place a layer like this on my own, but I like how it looks!  I finished the design with a tiny fishtail flag strip stamped with the set's "for you" sentiment and a trio of orange enamel dots.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bears stamp set, Grout Gray and Lemon Drop cardstock, Die-namics Birthday Bears, Pierced Oval STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad, Tangerine Sprinkles enamel dots (Doodlebug Design); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips