Sunday, November 27, 2016

Warmest Wishes

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the design to make a holiday design in a cool blue and silver color scheme.

Warmest Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I used the mug from the Winter Warmth set as my focal image.  After cutting out the mug shape with the coordinating die, I stamped the images on it, adding a sparkly silver snowflake as an accent.  I used foam tape to place the snowflake on a silver pierced circle die cut adhered to the edge of a light blue cardstock panel.  For the sentiment, I used one of the Traditional Tag STAX dies to make a decorative edge on one side of a darker blue cardstock strip.  The "warmest wishes" sentiment from the Hug in a Mug set was stamped on the strip in navy blue ink.  I stamped the rest of the sentiment ("for a happy holiday") on a small light blue rectangle and tucked it under the bottom edge of the darker blue sentiment strip.  A few white sequins arranged around the sentiment completed the design.

Materials Used:
Winter Warmth and Hug in a Mug stamp sets, Die-namics Winter Warmth, Pierced Circle STAX, and Traditional Tag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer and Memento Summer Sky, Nautical Blue, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); white sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips