Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Winter Wishes

Here's my card for November's second Viva la Verve sketch.  I used the sketch to make another holiday themed design.

Winter Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
The colors for the card came from the pretty grays and blues in the plaid paper I used as the base for my design.  I adhered a wide gray cardstock panel to the left side of the cardfront, then positioned a frilly doily on top.  A pair of fishtail flag strips--one blue and one shiny silver--were placed over the gray panel.  For the sentiment, I stamped "winter wishes" from Verve's Snow Wonderful stamp set on a white pierced circle die cut. After matting the sentiment on gray cardstock, I placed it at the center of the doily.  I accented it with a pretty wood veneer snowflake.  I wrapped the panel with some gray twine and secured it with a bow, then adhered it to a coordinating blue card base.

Materials Used:
Snow Wonderful stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX, Fishtail Flag Layers STAX, and Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Perfectly Plaid-Winter 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); circle dies (Spellbinders); wood snowflake (Michaels); gray twine (Hemptique); paper doily

2 comments:

  1. This is positively dreamy, Lori! Love the soft blues and greys. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips