Saturday, December 24, 2016

I'd Crumble Without You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made a sweet card that can be seen as either a thank you or a love themed design.

I'd Crumble Without You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I used MFT's You're the Milk to My Cookies dies to make a pair of chocolate chip cookies.  The cookies were cut from kraft cardstock and inked with some distress ink for a crispy, just out of the oven look, then backed with dark brown cardstock to fill in the chips.  I used foam tape to arrange the cookies on a red cardstock strip, then topped them with a tiny red heart cut with one of the dies from the Staggered Heart Border set.  I stamped the "I'd crumble without you" sentiment from the coordinating Cookie Crumbs stamp set next to the cookies. 

The strip was placed on a kraft panel over a piece of red and cream patterned paper that I fished out of my scrap pile.  Love when I'm able to use up those leftover bits and pieces!  The finished panel was adhered to a dark brown card base that matches the colors of the chips in the cookies.

Materials Used:
Cookie Crumbs stamp set, Die-namics You're the Milk to My Cookies and Staggered Heart Border dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Real Red and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (October Afternoon); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips