Sunday, December 4, 2016

Merry and Bright

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I combined the sketch with the colors for MFT's current color challenge for a holiday card with a non-traditional  color scheme.

Merry and Bright card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I decided to go with pink as the background for the other colors.  The long, tag-like panel was cut from a scrap of red dotted patterned paper.  Originally I used solid red cardstock, but once I'd assembled the card, I decided to go back and switch it out for something with a pattern to add interest to the design.  Much better!  I placed a solid green cardstock strip, edged with some fun red mini pom pom trim, across the cardfront and over the dotted panel. 

I stamped the "merry and bright" sentiment from MFT's Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set in red pigment ink on a blue panel, then heat embossed the text in red embossing powder. After rounding the panel's edges with a corner rounder, I placed it over the green strip.  To go with the holiday theme, I die cut a snowflake (doily) from silver cardstock using one of the Mini Delicate Doilies dies.  I tucked it underneath the sentiment panel, then accented it with a trio of silver sequins.

Materials Used:
Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set, Die-namics Mini Delicate Doilies and Pierced Traditional Tags STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Lovely Lady and New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red and Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections silver cardstock, red dotted designer paper, and Ruby embossing powder (Michaels); red pom pom trim (Hobby Lobby); silver sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips