Sunday, January 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Icicle

Believe card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps


photo credit:  kidscraftroom.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

Believe card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I took my inspiration from the photo's color scheme and sparkly elements--and icicles, too!  My clean and simple card features a large glittery blue snowflake cut with the Flurry die from Clear and Simple Stamps.  The snowflake die cut is huge and makes a fantastic focal point for a design!  I positioned the sparkly die cut flake on a piece of pearly white cardstock and trimmed the die cut so it was flush with the edges of the panel.

The panel was adhered to a My Favorite Blue Jeans card base--one of my favorite CSS colors.  I used a gift set from CSS to stamp the "believe in the magic of the season" sentiment at the bottom of the white panel in navy blue ink.  I love the contrast of the large elegant script text with the small, delicate all caps font beneath it.  I should keep this design in mind for my cards for this coming holiday season . . .


Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:

Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Icicle for the challenge details and to play along with us!
Materials Used:
stamps, My Favorite Blue Jeans and White Pearl cardstock, Flurry die (Clear and Simple Stamps); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Recollections Ocean glitter cardstock (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Lori! Love the icy blue glitter paper you used for the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and sparkly. Love the CAS look Lori. Perfect take on the photo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips