Sunday, January 8, 2017

Happy Bird-day

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Yes, it's another birthday card, but like I said, I was running low!

Happy Bird-Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
The flamingo from Reverse Confetti's Fabulous Flamingo set is the star of the show here.  I stamped the flamingo's body using pink pigment ink, then cut the stamped pieces out using the matching dies.  After stamping the flamingo legs on a white panel, I used foam tape to position the body pieces on top.  The "happy bird-day" sentiment" was stamped to the left of the image in darker pink ink.  I probably should have stamped the flamingo legs a little further to the right . . .

To fill out the panel, I placed a pale pink cardstock strip near the left edge of the panel.  For some sparkle, I added a super narrow strip of silver glitter tape just next to the pink cardstock.  A trio of silver sequins arranged around the flamingo added a final festive touch.  I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating pale pink card base.

Materials Used:
Fabulous Flamingo stamp set, Fabulous Flamingo dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Angel Pink, Rose Bud, and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver glitter tape (Target); silver sequins; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I just made a flamingo card the other day. I think I am going to try the sketch too! Hope you will stop by to see what I have been creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your soft pinks and silver for this bird-day card! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love the pink! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips